Partner and Family Coaching
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Julie is not taking any new clients at this time. She is writing a book and creating an eCourse based off of her family and partner coaching experiences. Julie will continue her group coaching calls. Please check her Facebook page at Julie A. Fast for an announcement of her upcoming call for parents. Thank you!
For family members and partners of a loved one with bipolar disorder.
Julie Fast is the number one author on relationships and bipolar disorder in the United States. Her bestselling book, Loving Someone with Bipolar Disorder has helped hundreds of thousands of partners and family members maintain healthy, stable and joyful relationships. Julie offers both phone and in-person coaching for family members and partners who are affected by their loved one’s moods and behaviors. Whether your loved one is newly diagnosed or you have been dealing with the illness for a long time, Julie provides expert insight and advice based on more than a decade of helping families manage bipolar disorder as well as her own personal experience having had a partner with the illness.
Is Family Coaching for You?
- Do you have a loved one newly diagnosed with bipolar disorder?
- Is your loved one in the hospital because of their bipolar disorder?
- Are you dealing with fear, grief or sadness that your life may never be normal again?
- Are you confused about the medications your loved one is taking and their side effects?
- Are you unsure of the difference between your teen’s typical versus their bipolar behavior?
- Are you tip-toeing around your loved one because of their mood swings?
- Are you experiencing anger and frustration because your loved one isn’t getting better,
or is refusing the diagnosis?
- Do you need help talking to your loved one’s health care professionals?
- Would you like a concrete plan to keep your family relationships strong?
- As a caregiver, do you need help taking care of yourself and your life’s other obligations?
Results You Can Expect from Working with Julie
Coaching with Julie Offers:
- A clear assessment of your current situation and what can be done
- Concrete tips on how to communicate with your loved one, both when they are stable and also when they are in a mood swing
- Tips for talking with health care professionals
- Specific words on how to explain your loved one’s bipolar disorder to the people in your life
- Money management tips if you have to support the person with bipolar disorder
- What you can and can’t do when your loved one won’t get help
- Tools to prevent hospital stays and other crises
- Information to help teenagers learn to manage the illness and grow into stable and happy adults
- A realistic picture of what you can expect today and into the future regarding your loved one’s bipolar disorder
- A customized plan tailored to your specific situation to help you, your family and your loved one manage the illness as a team
Who are Julie’s Clients?
Julie works with any family member or partner of someone with bipolar disorder. She offers practical support and easy to use tools that will help you understand and manage the variety of difficult situations that arise as a result of the illness and then help you create a plan that can keep your relationships stable. Julie specializes in:
- Partners or spouses of someone with bipolar disorder
- Parents of teenagers with bipolar disorder
- Those with a loved one newly diagnosed, or who refuses to get help
- Those with a loved one in the hospital or in jail because of the illness
Though Julie works with all family members and partners, she is especially committed to helping those in crisis. She knows from her own personal experience what it is like to have a loved one newly diagnosed and hospitalized and how difficult it is to find needed help from someone who understands and has been through the experience.
Whether you have a partner in the hospital, a once vibrant and studious child who has suddenly become manic, or if you are simply worried that your relationship is deteriorating, it helps having a professional coach who has been there and who has the knowledge and tools to make things right again.
Julie’s Coaching Process
Family member and partner coaching is available over the phone. Julie offers single sessions at 30, 60 or 90 minutes, as well as multiple-session coaching packages, both short and long term. Many of Julie’s clients begin working with Julie during a crisis that needs immediate attention and then afterward move into more long term coaching to help plan for the future.
To begin the process, please fill out Julie’s intake form below. This will help her determine if you and your situation are a good fit for her professional coaching services. Julie will reply with information on how to set up an intake call. During the call, she will hear more of your story, explain her rates and offer ideas on how you can best work together. The call is 20 minutes and at no charge.
Please note that all information is strictly confidential, so feel free to be as honest as needed on the intake form.
Click here to fill out Julie’s Intake Form and begin the process.
Disclaimer: Julie Fast is an expert in the comprehensive treatment of bipolar disorder with an emphasis on communication and management programs that keep families together and relationships stable. She is not a doctor or therapist.